[Gllug] Linux weather station!

Benjamin Donnachie benjamin at py-soft.co.uk
Mon Feb 22 11:05:10 UTC 2010

On 22 February 2010 04:39, JLMS <jjllmmss at googlemail.com> wrote:
> Be careful! mice love those :-)

I'm now resigned to putting the weather station on the roof and
running cat5 down to the basement instead.

> I know of data centres that were brought down due to mice munching on
> cables that were not protected properly.

Cat5 to the summer house seemed like a good idea at the time, but
since putting the wireless access point in the loft I've never
actually used the cable!  Though that could be because I can't
actually make past the weeds to the end of the garden...

> An electrician will lay a mains supply in no time for you....

I'd like to see them (the mice) chew through my armoured cable! :)

Ben
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk