[Gllug] recommendations for retailers of OS free or linux installed desktop boxes?

Paul Rayner Paul at pr0.co.uk
Sun Feb 28 07:14:51 UTC 2010

>> For my money, http://www.novatech.co.uk/novatech/ are pretty much
>> unbeatable.  You get exactly what you ordered, at sensible prices,
>> delivered straight to your door.  They also make an OS optional on all
>> their machines, so you don't end up paying the MS Tax. I've had many
>> dozens of machines from them, and have yet to be disappointed.

>I've bought processor/motherboard bundles from them and had no problems.

I'd also highly recommend Novatech. I think the mark of a good retailer is a
good returns system. I've ordered many things from them in the past 10
years, but once had to send back a new PC because of a fault. Despite
ordering a system without an OS and installing Fedora on it rather than
Windows, they agreed to a swap after two minutes on the phone explaining the
fault (the person on the end of the phone knew what Linux was and understood
my description of the fault), and the swap took place the next day free of
charge.

(I'm writing this on a (VM on a) shiny new quad core box built from
components ordered from Novatech :-)

Paul

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk