[Gllug] recommendations for retailers of OS free or linux > installed desktop boxes?

Christopher Currie ccurrie at usa.net
Sun Feb 28 19:04:25 UTC 2010

> On Fri, 2010-02-26 at 10:15 +0000, adam_pgsql wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I'm looking to buy a cheapish desktop box and run ubuntu on it. Does
> > anyone recommend anywhere that sells OS free boxes, or even boxes with
> > linux pre-installed?

I was surprised that no-one on this thread mentioned the Linux emporium
http://www.linuxemporium.co.uk/products/desktops/. Maybe they're not cheap
enough, but you get the system with Ubuntu installed and they will customize
it for you.

I had a Thinkpad X41` from them three years ago - though there were a few
problems of communication with them for some reason, I had good service
overall and was pleased with the machine.

Christopher

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk