[Gllug] [OT] UPS wanted

t.clarke tim at seacon.co.uk
Wed Feb 3 09:04:11 UTC 2010

While a UPS should protect your computers from a dodgy mains-supply (and I
believe that depends on the type of UPS - some provide permanent clean power
and others switch-over to backup 'instantly' when they detect a power failure
-from memory!),  it may be that all you need is a good 'anti-spike' filtering
device  - I presume it spikes that are killing your PSUs rather than outright
power failure or brown-outs.  There are a number of guys on the list with far
more knowledge of electrical matters than me - so I am sure there will be more
knowledgeable posts on the subject!

Tim
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk