[Gllug] Cheapish NAS.

John Hearns hearnsj at googlemail.com
Fri Feb 19 07:13:26 UTC 2010

Talking about backup solutions, I used Arkeia yonks ago, and still
recommend it o this list.
Arkeia now produce backup appliances:

http://www.arkeia.com/en/products/arkeia-network-backup/backup-server/physical-appliance

Why not look at one of these for your clients? You specify the box,
get it installed and running, and provide first-line support, relying
on Arkeia for backup support.
Just a thought, though the FreeNAS solution sounds good too.
I guess the first step is to establish what is needed - how long
should data be retained for, should they have an off-site place to
store data in case of a fire, or do they have a small safe on site.
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk