[Gllug] Are Dell still doing Ubuntu?

Peter Cannon peter at cannon-linux.co.uk
Sun Jan 17 20:16:29 UTC 2010

On 17/01/10 16:58, Sean Burlington wrote:

> There was a time when Dell seemed to sell quite a few models with
> Ubuntu pre-installed and I was really hoping this would grow

If I was a cynical man I'd say that when Dell did the famous "What Linux
would you like to see on our kit" vote it was a just a marketing sales
ploy which when you think about it worked really well for Dell as all
the Ubuntu fans was desperate to win so emailed every man and his dog.

There is a consensus building that Dell is turning its back on Linux
they recently ran and add about Windows vs Linux where if you knew
nothing about Linux it would put you off trying it and make you stick
with Windows.

--
Regards
Peter Cannon