[Gllug] Are Dell still doing Ubuntu?

Sean Burlington sean at practicalweb.co.uk
Sun Jan 17 16:58:51 UTC 2010

2010/1/17 Peter Cannon <peter at cannon-linux.co.uk>:
> Sean Burlington wrote:
>
>> I fancy a dell mini - but obviously want Linux on it.
>
> I have the Dell mini 10 with the N series Wifi. It came with Ubuntu 8.04
> although I wiped that and installed Ubuntu Karmic.
>
> The touchpad is a bit of swine, takes a bit of getting use to and you'll
> need to turn the sensitivity down, every now and then it still does that
> 'mouse pointer flies off to the left/right.
>
> I tried a few distro's on it such as Arch and openSUSE but TBH Ubuntu
> seemed to support the touchpad the best.

Thanks

well I guess if I do decide to get one I'll try the phone

I ended up with a better deal from dell last time I bought - there was
a fault on the website so I had to call

There was a time when Dell seemed to sell quite a few models with
Ubuntu pre-installed and I was really hoping this would grow

So sad to see it wither

--

Sean Burlington

www.practicalweb.co.uk