[Gllug] New list reader

Nix nix at esperi.org.uk
Thu Jan 28 16:41:43 UTC 2010

On 28 Jan 2010, tethys at gmail.com spake thusly:

> On Thu, Jan 28, 2010 at 10:07 AM, Richard Lewis
> <richardlewis at fastmail.co.uk> wrote:
>
>> I've been a Debian user for n years (where n is probably < 10 but
>> certainly > 5). Music graduate, current computer science Ph.D student
>> (it's a long story), occasional blogger
>> (http://ironchicken.livejournal.com/), Python fan, experimental Lisp
>> hacker
>
> Sounds good so far...

Note: the 'Lisp hacker' part has already made his editor propensities
clear (ever tried writing Lisp in vi? Ew.)

>> most significantly, committed Emacs user.
>
> ...and then you go and throw it away right at the end. Ahhh well. Welcome :-)

Hey, he's not the only one (OK, so, XEmacs. No major difference.)

btw, 'user' is not the right word, unless you mean like drugs. You don't use
Emacs: you live it. :)

(I'm slightly scared to realise that I've now used some flavour of Emacs
for more than half its lifetime, and coincidentally more than half of
mine as well. I'm certain that I've spent *much* more time looking at an
XEmacs window than looking at a shell prompt, but that's in large part
because my shell prompts at work live in XEmacs.)
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk