[Gllug] New list reader

Rich Walker rw at shadowrobot.com
Thu Jan 28 17:04:53 UTC 2010

On 2010-01-28 16:41, Nix wrote:

> Hey, he's not the only one (OK, so, XEmacs. No major difference.)

Unless you want to actually install something :-)

> btw, 'user' is not the right word, unless you mean like drugs. You don't use
> Emacs: you live it. :)

Life got much better when I realised I could run coLinux under Windows
to get a *proper* Emacs working on my work laptop. Suddenly printing
worked...

> (I'm slightly scared to realise that I've now used some flavour of Emacs
> for more than half its lifetime, and coincidentally more than half of
> mine as well. I'm certain that I've spent *much* more time looking at an
> XEmacs window than looking at a shell prompt, but that's in large part
> because my shell prompts at work live in XEmacs.)

hmm. I feel a bit wrong because I've only got four Emacsen running at
the moment on my desktop. True, they *are* on three different machines,
and one of them is only running org-mode, but still...

rich walker         |  Shadow Robot Company | rw at shadowrobot.com
managing director      251 Liverpool Road   | skype: rich_at_shadow
need a Hand?           London  N1 1LX       | +44 20 7700 2487
http://www.shadowrobot.com/hand/              @shadowrobot
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk