[Gllug] Wiping free space.

David Damerell damerell at chiark.greenend.org.uk
Tue Jan 5 18:07:05 UTC 2010

On Friday, 1 Jan 2010, JLMS wrote:
>>picked up. (I'm assuming here a / containing only those things which
>>*must* be on /: in particular I'm assuming /var is a separate
>>filesystem, as are /home and /tmp.)
>You assume far too much.

I'm not sure that is an inappropriate assumption. Of course many
systems are not like that - but you can't talk sensibly about what
will happen "if / fills up" if you're also effectively talking about
"if /var fills up" "if /tmp fills up" and so forth.

--
David Damerell <damerell at chiark.greenend.org.uk>
If we aren't perfectly synchronised this corncob will explode!
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk