[Gllug] Linux device for scripting/terminal access

Richard Huxton dev at archonet.com
Thu Jul 8 07:53:30 UTC 2010

On 08/07/10 01:06, John Edwards wrote:
> Also the keyboard is missing a few important keys for UNIX
> programming, such as the single quote, pipe and escape.

You can add "missing" keys to the toolbar that appears when you open the
keyboard - I had to rummage through google a bit to find out how though.
Managed without backtick, but not having pipe was a killer.

Oh - vi is packaged for it, but it's not a full vim experience - don't
expect plugins to work.

Note - I love my N810 and use it to ssh into various machines, but I
wouldn't do any typing on it from choice. The keyboard is better than a
touch-screen, but still a PITA. My netbook is about as small a keyboard
as I can cope with for real typing rather than bashing out a short
note/email.

--
   Richard Huxton
   Archonet Ltd