[Gllug] OT: Can't 'su - <admin user>' any longer on Snow Leopard

gvim gvimrc at gmail.com
Fri Jul 30 10:38:07 UTC 2010

On 30/07/2010 09:40, Shannon Carver wrote:
> hmm, I'm not sure su - ever worked on my OSX Server install here, have you
> tried:
> "sudo su -" (login with your user password)
> then passwd and resetting the root password?
>

> Shannon Carver

sudo su -

... would only be relevant to the root account. This is a non-root Admin-level account I have the problem with. I had:

ad='su - <admin user>'

... in my .bashrc working fine. It's always worked until yesterday.

Slight correction re my first post: 'su -' doesn't affect the inheritance of the environment. Just the home directory.

gvim
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk