[Gllug] [Vacancy] Senior systems administrator
Martin A. Brooks
martin at hinterlands.org
Mon Jul 26 17:05:21 UTC 2010
(Junior and mid-level systems administrators, please read all the way down!)
Framestore are looking for a Senior Systems Engineer to join their team.
They're based in central London (W1), and looking for someone to help
manage the day to day running of the production systems and work on
projects to develop them further.
* At least 3 to 4 years experience with Linux System administration.
Desirable Skills and Experience:
* Degree level education
* Experience within the post production industry or High Performance
Computing field with a strong academic background (computer science degree
* Experience using Red Hat and Fedora.
* An understanding of technologies such as MySQL, Postgres, NFS, SAN,
Apache and clustered file systems.
* A knowledge of scripting languages such as Shell/Bash, Python, Perl or
other appropriate programming languages.
* A thorough knowledge of storage and networking concepts and techniques.
* A rigorous approach to project delivery, training and documentation.
* Proven team player with good analytical, organisation and communication
Framestore is amongst the largest Visual Effects and Post Production
houses in Europe. The working environment is a relaxed, jeans and t-shirt
The role is Monday to Friday with scheduled on call work for which you
will be compensated extra. The pay range is £40-45k depending on
Framestore are also looking for junior and mid-level systems
administrators who are keen to learn. Salaries offered for those roles
will depend on your experience and ability. This is a great environment
in which to gain exposure to larger scale computing, networks and storage.
Please send your CV to me directly, I will pass it on to the relevant people.
Gllug mailing list - Gllug at gllug.org.uk
More information about the GLLUG