[Gllug] (OT) Demonic dropping out

John Winters john at sinodun.org.uk
Wed Jul 28 13:32:42 UTC 2010

On 27/07/10 13:29, Gordon Joly wrote:

> Last week, I noticed that I had a direct debit Thus (Demon). Since I do
> not have a service from them, and have not had for a while, I decided to
> cancel the direct debit.

I hope by "cancel the direct debit" you mean you instructed your bank to
reverse the erroneous transaction.  Canceling the mandate is one thing,
but it's also important to realise you can reverse any actual payment
which you don't like.  You don't have to give a reason - the bank has to
reverse it on your say so.  This is part of the DD guarantee.

John
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk