[Gllug] File permissions

Peter Childs pchilds at bcs.org
Fri Jul 2 09:19:40 UTC 2010

On 1 July 2010 21:23, Christopher Hunter <cehunter at gb-x.org> wrote:
> On Thu, 2010-07-01 at 12:20 +0100, John Hearns wrote:
>> Easy fix. Just have one username that everyone uses.
>> And while we're at it, do away with those stupid passwords.
>
> Hang on...  Wasn't there some big-selling "operating system" that
> employed that particular feature by default?
>
> 8-)
>
> C.

Indeed and I think your find that at least 80% of users quite like the
feature and would quite like it back. To many times do I find users
with one letter passwords, the same password on every thing, and auto
logon switched on.

After all if its only a single user system in your home or every user
trusts each other implicitlu what's the point anyway?

Peter.
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk