[Gllug] (OT) Demonic dropping out

Peter Childs pchilds at bcs.org
Sun Jul 25 11:44:23 UTC 2010

On 25 July 2010 10:50, t.clarke <tim at seacon.co.uk> wrote:
> As I said they are not at the supercheap end of the market - I did not
> describe them as cheap ! I have no idea what Demon charge in comparison.
>
> I was simply pointing out an alternative, without any idea as to anyone's
> financial circumstances.
> Tim
> --
>

>From what I've seen current pricing of Broadband.....

Unlimited Over 8Mbs (ie Virgin/ADSL2+) >£18.00
Limited Over 8Mbs >£10.00
Limited Under 8Mb (ADSL Max) <£15

Also be aware that one there are quite a few breeds of ADSL2+ upto
24Mbs its a good idea to check the upload speed, look for companies
that do Annex M ie 2Mbs UP! (Be are not bad)

Be-aware of Special Offers many companies tell you the price for the
1st 3 months but don't tell you what the standard price it!

Certainly in London if you spending more than £15 a month (not
including lone rental) and get less 8Mbs you have a problem, and
really ought to upgrade.

Peter.
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk