[Gllug] System monitoring and 3D plot

John Hearns hearnsj at googlemail.com
Mon Jun 21 09:06:23 UTC 2010

Tethys asked me on Thursday what the 3D monitoring application SGI
showed at their talk.

Performance Copilot is a very thorough system monitoring framework -
and it is open source
http://oss.sgi.com/projects/pcp/features.html

If I remember, the 3D view is called 'pmview'
I normally use the strip-chart viewer called pmchart - you run pmchart
on your desktop, and connect to another machine.
One of the nice demos which SGI present in their training course is
charting the memory of a machine as it gets overloaded -
demonstrating that there is no floor in the cache of a Linux machine.
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk