[Gllug] installing from a memory stick (OT)

Don Williams don at rose963.demon.co.uk
Mon Jun 21 09:13:54 UTC 2010

Hi Gluggers, I seek assistance/advice/comment from you who have been
kind in the past.

I have a desktop pc that will run 64-bit software (like Debian 5 or
Ubuntu 10) which currently has 32-bit Ubuntu 10.04 installed. I wish to
install on this machine the 64-bit Ubuntu 10.04 server edition.

I have the necessary iso copied from Ubuntu onto a memory stick - for
while my blank dvds said they were of 4.7 gb capacity, they're really
about 7mb too small to allow successful burning-in.

So - is it possible to install this software from the memory stick? If
so, what precautions/safeguards do I need to observe?

TIA, Don Williams

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk