[Gllug] [OT] Summer and DSL etc

Christopher Hunter cehunter at gb-x.org
Thu Jun 17 12:03:20 UTC 2010

On Thu, 2010-06-17 at 10:09 +0000, Chris Bell wrote:

>    I have had sudden bursts of unexpected dropouts lasting a day or so, but
> just one every few days at present. No apparent reason, it does not appear
> to be traffic or time of day dependant, and the equipment here is not
> overheating.

It's unlikely to be at your end - it will be BT. They, of course, will
deny everything.  The faults will mysteriously get repaired (though BT
will never admit that there was anything wrong in the first place).

As an aside - ~45% of traffic signal faults in Greater London are due to
BT faults, and when you consider that most of the rest of the faults are
blown halogen lamps, you can see that BT are the major cause of traffic
problems in London.

It really isn't difficult to install and maintain twisted pair cables,
but BT really make a meal of it!

C.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk