[Gllug] [OT] Summer and DSL etc

Jason Clifford jason at ukfsn.org
Thu Jun 17 08:06:31 UTC 2010

On Wed, 2010-06-16 at 20:52 +0100, Christopher Hunter wrote:
> > Plusnet were willing to escalate this with BT and get a BT engineer to
> > come alogn to test the line.
>
> WARNING!!!  If BT report "No Fault Found" (and they usually do), you
> will incur a large charge.

Yes, it's a well known scam on their part.

It's important therefore to make sure you watch over what the engineer
is doing and keep notes of what (s)he does and says.

We've had customers get charged when the engineer never even bothered to
turn up - even worse, it's happened when the engineer only attended the
exchange and the fault reports clearly show that.

If you have kept decent notes you can usually get the charge rejected if
it's wrongfully raised.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk