[Gllug] iPads

Frazer Irving superfraz at clumsyjedi.com
Wed Jun 16 21:07:20 UTC 2010

On Wed, Jun 16, 2010 at 9:00 PM, Christopher Hunter <cehunter at gb-x.org>wrote:

> On Wed, 2010-06-16 at 14:54 -0400, Andrew Farnsworth wrote:
> > difficult if not impossible to get files onto / off of the iPad
>
>  The other major issue with the iPad is that I've had three of them at

My experience runs contrary to both of these observations. I bought the wifi
only model and have it jailbroken with openSSH installed. I used Cydia (an
iPad app with an apt-get backend for installing more software) to get to
this point and I now have access to  the entire filesystem as root, so
getting files on or off is no drama at all. Of course, getting the iPad apps
to recognise files I upload via this mechanism might be more of an issue ;)
In any case, I highly recommend Cydia.

As far as HW/SW stability, it seems fine. I haven't had any cause for
concern.