[Gllug] [OT] Summer and DSL etc

Adrian McMenamin adrian at newgolddream.dyndns.info
Sun Jun 6 14:03:36 UTC 2010

As has happened before my home DSL connection has because close to useless with the warmer weather - the level of noise on the line actually reaching the point where the POTS doesn't even work at times (this is inner north London, not somewhere in the sticks either).

Any obvious answers to this? BT of course have always denied it's their problem while the ISP says it is BT.

The odd thing is that the noise level decreases when we pick up the phone. Is this some sort of capacitance problem that goes away when we make a circuit?

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk