[Gllug] iPads

Christopher Hunter cehunter at gb-x.org
Wed Jun 16 20:00:36 UTC 2010

On Wed, 2010-06-16 at 14:54 -0400, Andrew Farnsworth wrote:
> Don't count on file sharing in either direction with the iPad.  It is
> difficult if not impossible to get files onto / off of the iPad
> without using iTunes.  While there are a few ways to do it, it is
> application dependent as each application has it's own database /
> datastore and if you remove and application from the iPad, it delete's
> all it's data including any customer created documents.
>
> Andy

 The other major issue with the iPad is that I've had three of them at
work, and all have failed in one way or another within hours of being
taken out of the box.  The build quality is appalling - the latest
failure rattled as it was taken out of the box, and it appeared to have
an offcut of wire inside it!

Despite the massive hype, it seems that Apple have released another
half-thought-out product (like the iPhone).  If you're determined to
have one of these, either wait for the third generation of them (in
about six months!) or wait until Acer and the rest release their
cheaper, better products!

Chris

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk