[Gllug] [OT] Hardware problem

Bruce Richardson itsbruce at workshy.org
Tue Mar 23 04:40:52 UTC 2010

On Mon, Mar 22, 2010 at 10:53:55PM +0000, Adrian wrote:
> Now I have installed Ubuntu on the box but it freezes when I do more or
> less anything in X.

How powerful is your PSU?  Did you upgrade the CPU along with the mobo?
One possibility is that when you go into X, it overtaxes the system -
altbhough I'd expect it to shut down rather than just freeze, if that
were the issue.

The board you chose is designed for overclockers, by the way.  One thing
to know about ASUS's range of overclocking boards is that they can be
very fussy about the memory you install on them; it's worth researching
them a bit to see what the user community has found that works best.

--
Bruce

What would Edward Woodward do?