[Gllug] open-source workflow / process software?

Tethys sta296 at astradyne.co.uk
Wed Mar 31 23:19:30 UTC 2010

--------

tid writes:

>Currently, the operations team works off multiple check sheets, which
>is apparently error prone and fiddly. He's really looking anything
>that does process-flow - does anyone know of such an beast?

Yes. In fact, I wrote it (or at least, parts of it). It was
a collection of custom built wrappers around a product called
Servasure. Servasure did much of the process flow, but didn't
do all of the escalation that was needed, hence the wrappers
to parse its output and escalate as appropriate. But it was
for internal use at Data General only, so I'm afraid you're
out of luck. I don't even think Servasure exists any more, and
Data General is long gone, sadly.

I'm not aware of any open source equivalents. I'm sure Remedy
will sell you a proprietary solution that will do what you want
(and a whole bunch of things you probably don't want), but it'll
probably involve selling a kidney or two to be able to afford it.

Tet
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk