[Gllug] GDM Xclients script

Bruce Richardson itsbruce at workshy.org
Fri Mar 19 13:54:21 UTC 2010

On Fri, Mar 19, 2010 at 12:41:05PM +0000, Richard wrote:

> I did another upgrade last night and today when I logged in using "Run
> Xclients script" it started my normal session. So something is now
> working. Not sure what, though.

If you are running unstable, it could be something as simple as a bug
that was fixed between the two upgrades you did.  Another possibility
would be that a package was only incompletely installed first time round
and the second upgrade fixed that.  There are a number of circumstances
which can cause an upgrade to fail in a way that can be fixed by
immediately running it again or running "apt-get -f install"; those
circumstances are more common with the unstable distribution.

--
Bruce

I see a mouse.  Where?  There, on the stair.  And its clumsy wooden
footwear makes it easy to trap and kill.  -- Harry Hill