[Gllug] GDM Xclients script

Richard Lewis richardlewis at fastmail.co.uk
Fri Mar 19 12:41:05 UTC 2010

At Mon, 15 Mar 2010 13:27:57 +0000,
Bruce Richardson wrote:

> [1  <multipart/signed (7bit)>]
> [1.1  <text/plain; us-ascii (quoted-printable)>]
> On Mon, Mar 15, 2010 at 12:34:33PM +0000, Richard wrote:
> >
> > Any thoughts? Anyone seen anything like this before?
>
> Have you had a look at /etc/X11/Xsession to see what it does before it
> runs the user session script?  I don't have an unstable installation to
> hand, but the typical behaviour is to run any scripts in
> /etc/X11/Xsession.d/ first.  Could be something in there that is
> preempting your user script.

Thanks for your suggestion. I had a look through and couldn't see
anything obviously wrong.

I did another upgrade last night and today when I logged in using "Run
Xclients script" it started my normal session. So something is now
working. Not sure what, though.
--
Richard Lewis
JID: ironchicken at jabber.earth.li
http://www.richard-lewis.me.uk/
| Support open access to scholarship           |
| http://freeculture.org/ http://www.doaj.org/ |
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk