[Gllug] Hitachi SMS-100

Karanbir Singh mail-lists at karan.org
Fri Mar 26 17:00:46 UTC 2010

Hi,

On 03/25/2010 06:52 PM, N. Pauli wrote:
> We're currently considering one of these as a SAN to replace our current directly attached storage RAID5 file server.

I'm guessing the raid05 box isn't doing all you want. Do you have some
metrics on exactly where you are now and where you'd like to be ?

I've worked with various HDS solutions over the years, ranging from rock
bottom mass produced stuff to their very large scale USP-v based kit -
and its all good. They are, imho, one of most effective solutions around
at the moment. What this also translates to is that usually there are
better bang-for-the-buck solutions to be hard from other vendors,
specially in the lower end of the spectrum.

- KB
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk