[Gllug] Flash 10 on amd64

Adrian McMenamin adrian at newgolddream.dyndns.info
Sat Mar 27 11:21:15 UTC 2010

OK, I know I walking into a pit of hell by asking for advice on a piece
of proprietary software ... but to continue the saga of the new computer
I built for my daughters.

I installed an amd64 kernel - from Ubuntu 9.10 and all now works
swimmingly except Flash - which is important for them in terms of games
etc

Flash browser plugin seems randomly unresponsive to mouse clicks. This
is a known problem but there seems to an infinite number of this
works/no it doesn't solutions posted on the internet and so I thought
I'd ask for quality advice from the list - and have put on the flame
retardant underpants.

I am using the non-free plugin - I have read that the free plugins are
worse. Is that true?

Anyone found a reliable work around

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk