[Gllug] recommendations for retailers of OS free or linux > installed desktop boxes?

Ciarán Mooney general.mooney at googlemail.com
Mon Mar 1 09:19:05 UTC 2010

Hi,

> Wow!  Just had a look at their site.  I think the machines must be made
> with gold cases or something - their prices are bizarre.  I'd be very
> surprised if they sold much at those prices.

They are a small company with excellent customer service. I've known
atleast 5 people that have bought from them and they are all extremely
happy. Due to their size they cannot, unfortunately, rely on economies
of scale to drive their prices down. However the stuff that they stock
is usually very reliable and good quality (Thinkpads etc) which are
not always cheap from many retailers.

They have a history of directly supporting Free software, by which I
mean they do not just pay it lip service. They have contributed code,
and sponsored many Free software events (LugRadio, PyCon UK,
Europython).

Ciarán
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk