[Gllug] Topics you would like on a training class.

Wed Mar 10 20:46:31 UTC 2010

On 8 Mar 2010, at 14:05, JLMS wrote:

> Which topics would you want to see offered by such a company?
>
> - Setting up a kerberos server and environment.
>
> - Setting and using OpenLDAP.
>
> - Shell programming (basic, advanced, guru topics :-) ).
>
> - Popular (perl, python) and no so popular scripting languages.
>
> - Performance analysis.
>
> - Security.

I would go for all of the above, plus the following. I think that businesses will consider all of them a plus, except perhaps the last one (SELinux):

- Setting up a high availability cluster (with or without DRBD included)

- Creating your own RPMS + a repository to host them internally for your own business

- Setting up and maintaining Puppet (centralised configuration management for your business)

- Setting up a virtualised infrastructure (Xen/KVM) and how to properly secure it, maintain it, and back it up

- Setting up Nagios (monitoring your infrastructure)

- SELinux perhaps? It confuses a lot of people so they just turn it off

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk