[Gllug] Proposed broadband improvements

John Winters john at sinodun.org.uk
Fri May 14 07:31:07 UTC 2010

On Thu, 13 May 2010 10:16:56 +0100, Jason Clifford <jason at ukfsn.org> wrote:
> This means that broadband will fail in the event of a
> power cut which is what already happens when there is a power cut at the
> exchange so there is no change there.

Do exchanges not have those wonderful ranks of batteries any more?
Admittedly the last time I had a tour of an exchange was in the early 70s,
but then at least the big ranks of high quality lead acid batteries were
rather a feature.  I remember them being sold off in the eighties, but I
thought that was simply because the new kit didn't need quite so many
coulombs.  Does this mean there's now no battery back up at all?  What
about gennies?

Cheers,
John
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk