[Gllug] eSATA controller not in AHCI mode

Phil Reynolds phil-gllug at tinsleyviaduct.com
Sun May 9 11:49:25 UTC 2010

I have managed to get round all of the problems that were pointing me
in the direction of a new motherboard, but another problem has come to
light on which I am trying to find some advice.

The motherboard I am using, ASUS M3A79-T Deluxe, has an eSATA port, on
a controller which serves just that, though it often also serves some
PATA on other boards - that controller is a Marvell 88SE6121. The
other six SATA ports, and for that matter the PATA which I no longer
use, are on the Southbridge.

There is no way to get at settings for the Marvell controller. The
kernel on my system is 2.6.32 from Debian lenny backports, and
includes a patch that is supposed to deal with this. That patch either
needs activating, or needs modifying so as to work with my board, but
I am not sure where to go from here.

Any advice would be appreciated - thanks in advance.

--
Phil Reynolds
mail: phil-gllug at tinsleyviaduct.com
Web: http://www.tinsleyviaduct.com/phil/
Waltham 66, Emley Moor 69, Droitwich 79, Windows 95

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk