[Gllug] [ANN] GLLUG/UKUUG Talk - 13th May - Dr. Eng Lim Goh - UCL

Ciarán Mooney general.mooney at googlemail.com
Fri May 7 09:41:50 UTC 2010

Morning!

Sorry about the delay in announcements, but there has been frantic
organisation going on to get a talk organised.

I'm happy to announce that we have a talk from Dr. Eng Lim Goh of SGI.
See below for details. **Note change of venue, date and time.**

Linux is Supercomputing - how Linux works on your mobile phone and on
the biggest supercomputers on the planet.

Eng Lim Goh of SGI will be discussing how Linux is used on
supercomputers, and will demonstrate some of the capabilities of the new
SGI Ultraviolet architecture, which is the most scalable Linux
architecture in the world.

Dr. Eng Lim Goh has been CTO of SGI since 2001, and has been voted one
of the Top 10 most influential CTOs.
He oversees Project Ultraviolet and works on solutions to massively
parallel rendering.

http://www.sgi.com/products/servers/altix/uv/

Time:  7:00pm Thursday May 13th
Venue: Lecture theatre 1.03 in the Malet Place Engineering Building,
University College London
Map: http://www.ucl.ac.uk/maps/ucl-maps/map2_hi_res
Everyone is very welcome to attend this event.

This is a joint event between UKUUG and GLLUG, but anyone is welcome.
The venue holds 80. Even though we do not expect to fill it please
arrive early to avoid disappointment.

Regards,

Ciarán
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk