[Gllug] OT: Anyone know Jquery & JSON ?

general_email at technicalbloke.com general_email at technicalbloke.com
Tue Nov 9 22:12:03 UTC 2010

On 09/11/10 20:56, Walter Stanish wrote:
>> database schema and too little separation between M, V and C.
>>
> Fair enough ... IMHO MVC is not always a suitable structure for
> web code, it's far too over-emphasised vs. maintainability and
> modularity on many projects today.

True, I have built several website/apps where it would have been
overkill however the system I'm building now isn't primarily a web
project. While I want to be able to have some API functions accessible
via a web client I also want to support a more pared down TCP interface
to the API for use by traditional apps and scripting etc. I also don't
want to lock myself into a particular database so I think the MVC
pattern is probably the right one this time.

:)

Roger

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk