[Gllug] OT: Anyone know Jquery & JSON ?

general_email at technicalbloke.com general_email at technicalbloke.com
Wed Nov 10 00:22:22 UTC 2010

On 09/11/10 20:07, Progga wrote:
> On Tue, Nov 09, 2010 at 06:42:08PM +0000, general_email at technicalbloke.com wrote:
>
>> Hi Walter, yes I was thinking that too, POST is just nicer, however I'm
>> using pythons BaseHTTPServer and BaseHTTPResponseHandler classes which,
>> as the name implies, are rather basic - to the extent they don't seem to
>> actually include routines for extracting form data via either GET or POST!
>>
> I am assuming you have a very good reason for using BaseHTTPServer.  A few
> months ago I needed to embed an HTTP server in my code and I found CherryPy
> to be a nice one.

I played with CherryPy a few years back and it is very good but there's
no point acquiring a non-core dependency for something as trivial as a
simple ajax interface.

> You can't beat a good nights sleep :-)  As Walter has already mentioned,
> the timestamp prevents caching.

Its a clever hack but I just had to figure out how to disable it, it's
kinda redundant if you use the Cache-Control: no-cache header anyway.

Cheers,

Roger.
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk