[Gllug] OT: Recommend UK domain host

david at gbenet.com david at gbenet.com
Fri Nov 12 01:13:44 UTC 2010

Hi Philip,

I think I will invent a new term "cyber-hoodies" - for the mindless
trolls that are out there. But the "internet" represents "freedom" - not
a freedom for a chosen few - or those academically qualified - but a
freedom for all - be they anarchists (which I kind of support) or be
they Muslim extremists or raving loony Zionists - or plain and simple
criminals from the former soviet union or some african state - to the
mindless uneducated "hoodie" which I don't . "Cyber-chavs."

It was all fun - but now commercial interests play a leading role. Most
Western countries are agreed you can not control the internet - though
countries like China think you can. We are a self-regulating group of
reasonable human beings - who never question "freedom of speech." We
protect ourselves as best we can from the spammers criminals and trolls
that are out there.

We can't bring morals or ethics into unregulated communications that are
both local and global - the danger is in this cyber world of happiness
we forget real issues of concern - poverty sustainable energy -
pollution - the global movement of capital. The lack of political
freedoms in say North Korea. Burma, China. The lack of women's rights in
Muslim countries - the mutilation of young women in Africa.

Any way my 10 week old kitten needs feeding.

Happy days

David

So we have a "few" cyber-hoodies" -

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk