[Gllug] OT: Anyone know Jquery & JSON ?

Nix nix at esperi.org.uk
Wed Nov 10 00:35:33 UTC 2010

On 9 Nov 2010, Walter Stanish told this:
> Things that are really hard to learn as a programmer*:
>  - Value of good documentation
>  - Value of source control
>  - Value of good requirements specification and analysis**
>  - Value of communication between teams***

A lot of programmers seem to have real problems with algorithmic
complexity, maintainability, difficult stuff like comments and
indentation... things like the cache hierarchy are *way* beyond them,
but even the stuff I'd consider 'learn in your first five years as a
programmer' are beyond a lot of programmers who've been writing code
much longer than that. No pride in craft, that's what it is...  they
just want to turn the code out and go home and forget what they do all
day.
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk