[Gllug] Dealing with "Word-Only" organisations

Rich Walker rw at shadowrobot.com
Fri Nov 5 14:14:09 UTC 2010

On 2010-11-05 14:08, Andy Millar wrote:
> On Fri, 2010-11-05 at 13:42 +0000, Martin A. Brooks wrote:
>> On Fri, November 5, 2010 12:11, Rich Walker wrote:
>>> Is there anything more likely to render the document correctly and
>>> execute the macros? And is there any principle that such a body should
>>> make their forms accessible to all, regardless of whether they own Word
>>> or not?
>>

>> Honestly?  I switch my Windows machine on, load Word 2010 and get on with it.
>
> The only real solution is just to pay the Microsoft Tax.
>
> Then again, if paying the Microsoft Tax bothers you that much, then you
> probably don't want to be dealing with this organisation :-)

Unfortuately, it's fairly hard to avoid this organisation in this
particular area.

What's really annoying is that other organisations do the same sort of
thing without these slightly strange constraints. They've locked
themselves into a weird IT bubble...

cheers, Rich.

rich walker         |  Shadow Robot Company | rw at shadowrobot.com
managing director      251 Liverpool Road   | skype: rich_at_shadow
need a Hand?           London  N1 1LX       | +44 20 7700 2487
http://www.shadowrobot.com/hand/              @shadowrobot
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk