[Gllug] Dealing with "Word-Only" organisations

Philip Hands phil at hands.com
Fri Nov 5 15:28:17 UTC 2010

On Fri, 05 Nov 2010 14:14:09 +0000, Rich Walker <rw at shadowrobot.com> wrote:
> Unfortuately, it's fairly hard to avoid this organisation in this
> particular area.
>
> What's really annoying is that other organisations do the same sort of
> thing without these slightly strange constraints. They've locked
> themselves into a weird IT bubble...

I'd write to my MP:  http://www.theyworkforyou.com/

Depending on what was going on, I think I might well get all the
information together, arrange an appointment, and present them with the
information so that they can enter it for you into whatever moronic
system they've lumbered themselves with.

If they're not keen, then you could try pointing out that they might
well be providing Microsoft with illegal state aid, by trying to insist
that you add to their profits.

Cheers, Phil.
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk