[Gllug] The Virgin helpline is miss named.

Martyn Drake martyn at drake.org.uk
Sun Nov 7 16:06:23 UTC 2010

I have to say - why are people still using their ISP's email accounts
these days other than, perhaps, to use as a throwaway address for
signing up to various online services that you don't really care about
anyway?

Virgin have migrated (or rather still migrating from what I can see)
to Google Apps and then there are issues from what I can see on the
Google Apps Help Forums of Virgin Media users being locked out.  I'm
then seeing Google's volunteer Top Contributors/Power Posters (I am a
former TC/PP but gave up because Google's support even for us was
becoming crap - note I still use Google Apps myself, but as a paying
customer now, and support has somewhat improved slightly over the past
three months - so there is light at the end of tunnel it seems)
helping out Virgin customers by raising escalation tickets for Virgin.

Virgin should be doing this themselves!  If Virgin do not understand
Google Apps or this is causing them too much hassle to liase with
Google, they should be running their own bloody mail system.

Don't bother with ISP mail - buy your own domain and either host it
yourself on a cheap VPS or find a relatively decent email provider
with a reasonable SLA.

Regards,

Martyn
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk