[Gllug] SSH + Putty

Narender narender.hooda at gmail.com
Thu Nov 18 15:41:32 UTC 2010

I am trying to set up a hadoop  cluster(Linux machines) on 3 vm’s. As
of now I am using say 10.1.1.2/3/4.

I am currently facing an issue on 3/4.  I am unable to ssh localhost
on the boxes once I log on  to them via putty.

 I can do so in 10.1.1.2 I think.
It seems that the ssh client tries to connect to the ssh port on those
boxes but just freezes. ssh in the verbose mode shows that it is
waiting to connect to the ssh port on them
Since I can use putty to connect to all the boxes, and I see that ssh
daemon running on them, and netstat tells me that the ssh ports are
being listened to, I am a bit confused about the ssh clients behavior.

Advise or pointer would be much appreciated....

Best Regards
--N
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk