[Gllug] hourly/daily rate for linux systems admins?

Tethys sta296 at astradyne.co.uk
Sun Nov 14 10:45:09 UTC 2010

--------

Oliver Howe writes:

>What is the going hourly/daily rate for Linux Systems Administration?
>The work involves mostly remote admin, but a few onsite visits are also
>required per month.

It's been a while since I was last contracting, but when I was,
the rule of thumb was to take the salary you'd expect to get for
doing the job on a permanent basis, and divide by 1000 to get an
hourly contract rate. I don't know if that still holds in today's
market, but it's probably going to be there or thereabouts.

Tet
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk