[Gllug] Broadand in London without phone land line

Christopher Hunter cehunter at gb-x.org
Wed Nov 3 18:58:32 UTC 2010

On Wed, 2010-11-03 at 09:35 +0000, steve wrote:

> I'm on their 20Mb service for which they throw in a free wireless
> router. There is traffic management as outlined here:
>
> http://www.virginmedia.com/myvirginmedia/traffic-management-table.php

Their "traffic management" actually makes a lie of all their "unlimited"
advertising.  The figures and times published do not accord with what
actually happens.  They arbitrarily slow user's connections, usually
because they have capacity problems, not because of any "policy".

Virgin haven't got the infrastructure to actually support the service
the purport to provide.  When I cancelled my connection to their
"service", I got most of my money back - without them putting up much of
a fight.  This suggests that they are aware of the severe limitations of
their system, but can't actually admit it.

Outages?  Every second day, until I ditched their "service".

Best avoided!

C.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk