[Gllug] new project HA at home and away

John Hearns hearnsj at googlemail.com
Sat Nov 20 16:26:44 UTC 2010

On 20 November 2010 12:38, Tethys <sta296 at astradyne.co.uk> wrote:

> Really? Last I heard, it seemed that all the cool kids were using Lustre
> (including some of the aforementioned investment banks). Does anyone know
> enough about it to compare the two in an unbiased way? Preferably as a
> GLLUG talk?

I should come clean - as a physicist at CERN I used AFS extensively.
When working at Streamline, I installed Lustre setups for several
sites - Leicester Uni and Oxford Supercomputer Centre come to mind.

I'm not that big a fan of Lustre to be honest - I preferred installing
Panasas, which certainly does not tick all the Open Source boxes, but
is so easy to instlal and manage, and performs like crazy.
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk