[Gllug] Recommendations for servers

- Tethys tethys at gmail.com
Thu Nov 25 15:05:57 UTC 2010

On Thu, Nov 25, 2010 at 1:04 PM, tid <td at bloogaloo.co.uk> wrote:

> - servers sat on nylon carpet with editors smoking near them, putting
> ashtrays on them and
>  splashing trychloroethane ( film-cleaning agent ) on them.

I used to support a company that did farming supplies. The office
where the accounts team lived was right next to the warehouse/loading
bay, with doors that were frequently left open between the two. Thus
the computers filled up with dust and debris from the loading bay.
Which was primarily used for manure. The accounts computer was
literally full of shit...

Tet

--
"Any sufficiently advanced financial instrument is indistinguishable from fraud"
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk