[Gllug] new project HA at home and away

John Hearns hearnsj at googlemail.com
Thu Nov 18 09:02:37 UTC 2010

On 18 November 2010 04:44, Justin Perreault <justinperreault at dl-jp.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I am looking to improve the user experience for me and my partner as we work and play accross three locations. We have two desktops and a laptop.

You need to be a bot more specific on exactly what you want.

Me, I would simply designate one desktop as your main machine, and
when in other locations use Nomachine NX to connect to it.
I do this all the time - I have an NX session running, disconnect from
it, and when I want to log in remotely I reconnect to the session.

If you require 3D accelerated graphics you might have to think of
something else - eg. VirtualGL, which I have working.
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk