[Gllug] Confusion about the "Sender" field in email headers.

Walter Stanish walter.stanish at saffrondigital.com
Tue Nov 30 17:10:41 UTC 2010

>> Your question seems to have more to do with gmail's spam filtering
>> than the use of the Sender: field.
>
> You seem to be right.  It's not that all emails sent from Drupal end
> up in the Spam box.  In fact, none of the emails that I receive from
> my contact form at Drupal.org (which is running the same version of
> Drupal that I do) has gone into the Spam box.  It's just that some
> emails from my Drupal sites' contact form go to the Spam box.

Sounds like you could simply set a gmail filter for each of the
originating systems to 'never send to spam'.

More generally, when you set up originating email for any hosted
domain, ensure that the IP address(es) of the boxes originating
the emails are listed in DNS SPF records:
  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sender_Policy_Framework
SPF records are not *required* but really do help to get mail delivered.

Hope that helps...

- Walter
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk