[Gllug] Confusion about the "Sender" field in email headers.

Progga proggaprogga at gmail.com
Tue Nov 30 10:08:02 UTC 2010

On Mon, Nov 29, 2010 at 6:44 PM, David Damerell
<damerell at chiark.greenend.org.uk> wrote:

>>These type of emails sometimes end up in the inbox and sometimes in the spam
>>box in gmail.  So I am wondering what is wrong with these.
>
> Your question seems to have more to do with gmail's spam filtering
> than the use of the Sender: field.

You seem to be right.  It's not that all emails sent from Drupal end
up in the Spam box.  In fact, none of the emails that I receive from
my contact form at Drupal.org (which is running the same version of
Drupal that I do) has gone into the Spam box.  It's just that some
emails from my Drupal sites' contact form go to the Spam box.  If all
such emails were going to the Spam box, that could have been easy to
explain.
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk