[Gllug] hourly/daily rate for linux systems admins?

Karanbir Singh mail-lists at karan.org
Wed Nov 17 10:46:48 UTC 2010

On 11/14/2010 07:24 PM, JLMS wrote:
> And no wonder: lots of systems admins are jobless due to the recession
> and is going to get worse

Not sure I agree with that - the present situation in London seems to be
completely inverse. There are a fair few sysadmin jobs going with very
few $cluefull applicants around. I know at-least three companies looking
for people who know what they are doing - and unable to recruit for
elongated periods of time. One setup, has had over a dozen interviews
from almost 60 CV's  ( ~ 2 months effort ).

Ok, these are for permanent jobs and not consulting roles - but if the
situation was as grim as you make it out to be, I see no reason why
these super capable people would not be switching from consulting to
perm roles.

- KB
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk